I’m in the tail end of pregnancy and love the fact that the Mama Nina is so forgiving without maternity modifications for this here bump! But now that I know I’ll be delivering in under 2 weeks (OH.EM.GEE!!!) I’m ready to make all the things breastfeeding friendly! The great thing about Mama Nina is the seams make adding a zipper in for easy boob access simple as pie.
Mama Nina Zipper Nursing Hack
Mama Nina Pattern
Fabric (yardage depending on size)
2 7-9 inch zippers (I chose 7in and wish I had done 9in but it’s about preference)
1. Assemble pattern and cut out as instructed.
2. Attach the zipper to the front of the dress at the arm seam for both sides.
3. Attach the zipper to the front of the sleeves at the seam for both sleeves.
4. Continue the assembly of dress as instructed.
5. Measure the front of the neck from zipper to zipper and create a neckband measuring 90% of this (example: if your neckline is measuring 10in, cut a 9in neckband). Repeat for back neckline.
6. Fold the neckband with the right sides facing together and stitch (or serge) at each end. Attach to neckline from zipper to zipper.
And you’re done! I chose to go with an exposed “fashion” zipper because it matched my fabric but you can always put in an invisible zipper and that will work as well!
Happy sewing (and nursing!)!!