Today is Day 2 of our Isabel SAL! Regardless of which option you are sewing up, today’s steps will be the same! If you haven’t already, you can grab the girls’ or the women’s pattern, and check out the existing hacks from the original release. If you’re playing catch up, no worries; the day 1 post is right here. 🙂
For day 2, we are sewing up our shoulder seams and attaching our neckband. You will sew both with 1/2″ seam allowance. If you wish to attach clear elastic, the shoulder seams is a perfect place to add that elastic for support.
Remember that your neckband will need to stretch slightly to fit the neckband; be sure not to stretch your bodice pieces while you’re sewing. If you notice that you’re having to stretch a significant amount, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- check that you cut the right size neckband
- check that you didn’t accidentally use the long waist tie in place of the neckband
- check your 1″ square on your paper pattern pieces
- check that you cut your band with the stretch going the right direction
- check the stretch of your fabric
Once you’ve got your shoulder seams and neck band sewn, you are ready for day 3! If you have questions about today’s steps, you are welcome to post in the main group or our SAL group so we can help you! Be sure to check in each day during the SAL, and look for daily posts to enter our giveaways. We can’t wait to see what you create this week!