This is Paola with a seriously easy modification to the fabulous Samantha Skirt Pattern: Side Ties!
All you really have to do is:
- Get your Samantha Suspender Skirt Pattern HERE
- Cut all your pattern pieces except for loops.
- You may shorten your straps if you wish, I left mine as instructed in pattern.
- Follow steps 1 – 5 for creating suspenders/straps, front and back waistband pieces but ignore references to adding loops and/or suspenders as we will add suspenders as waist ties on step 6.
- Attach straps on Step 6, on the right side of waistband, 1/4″ to 3/8″ from the top seam.
4. Pin to secure and continue with the rest of steps, being careful not to catch the straps/suspenders when attaching the skirt portion.
That’s it! You are done!! I used the Faux Button Placket Option for Back to School, can you tell my little one is ready?
COOL IDEA: You may increase the length of your waistband by 1″ as well as your suspenders/straps length. If you do, use 2″ wide elastic instead. I tried it on this skirt and love the look of a slightly longer waistband. I used the flat front version but with the same skirt width for the front as in the back for some extra twirling factor.
This pattern is so versatile, you can play with so many options!
I hope you enjoyed this quick, yet swoon worthy modification, Pretty cool for any season, right?
Until next time,
Paola is a craft and sewing enthusiast who loves to create for her little ones, she loves fabric and color and all art related things. She shares some of her creative endeavors and pattern testing adventures in her blog Sweet Julia Boutique .