Today is Day 7 – the last day – of our Isabel SAL! If you haven’t already, you can grab the girls’ or the women’s pattern, and check out the existing hacks from the original release. If you’re playing catch up, no worries – the schedule for the week, including links for our previous days, is listed at the bottom of this post! Winners will not be announced until Wednesday, so you do have a bit of time to get caught up. We have loved seeing all of your beautiful tops and dresses progress over the last week; thank you for joining us!
For day 7, we are tackling our last two steps! We will attach our waist ties, and then our final step is hemming! Here are a few things to remember:
- if you’re doing a faux wrap or circle skirt hack, you will attach yours a little bit differently than instructed in the main tutorial/video. Make sure you use the hack tutorial for this step!
- if you didn’t hem your sleeves in the earlier steps, make sure you do that now!
- the tulip and straight skirts are hemmed slightly differently – for the tulip, you’ll hem in one continuous stitch; for the straight skirt, you will hem the sides first and then the bottom.
- the long waist tie is attached opposite of the opening
- when you tie your top or dress, you will put the long waist tie through the opening/hole, wrap it behind you/around your back to meet the short tie on the other side, and then tie it in a bow!
Once you’ve got your waist ties on and your hemming finished, you are officially DONE! Yay! If you have questions about today’s steps, you are welcome to post in the main group or our SAL group so we can help you! Be sure to check in on the Day 7 post with your final piece(s). We can’t wait to see the finished product!!!