Today is an optional day for the sew-a-long! You can play catch up if you’re running behind on a step, or you can use today to sew up the optional waist sash.
Looking for different sash options? Try some of the ideas below!
- Sew belt loops to the outside of your Reese; use the Siena hacks to get started
- Sew loops into the inseam
- Tack the waist sash to the sides or the back center of the waist seam
- Use a ready to wear belt or sash instead of sewing one!
- Sew with right sides together, leaving an opening at the back for turning
- Turn use your favorite turning tool
- Press, press, press!
- Topstitch if desired
If you have questions about your waist sash or any other steps, you are always welcome to post in our SAL group so we can help you! Be sure to post your final Reese photos, and be sure you’ve posted in the comments for each day! We can’t wait to see what your final product!
DAY 1: PREP + SHOULDER SEAMS
DAY 2: BODICE SIDE SEAMS, SKIRT SIDE SEAMS, ATTACHING SKIRT, + PLACKET
DAY 3: COLLAR + HEMMING
DAY 4: SLEEVE PLACKET, SLEEVE TIES, + ATTACH SLEEVES
DAY 5: BUTTONS + BUTTONHOLES
DAY 6: OPTIONAL: OPTIONAL WAIST TIE + CATCH UP
So Sew English has some great woven fabric options for Reese! Head on over to So Sew English to check out their selection.
Leave a Reply