Today is day 2 of our sew-a-long! We are working on assembling our cups, and finishing our neckline.
A few helpful tips and reminders:
- see page 5 for tips for sewing delicate fabric
- see page 6 for links to Megan’s video on attaching picot, attaching FOE, and attaching elastic flat, or just click here 🙂
- you may wish to baste your main cups together, and baste your lining cups together, before stitching all 4 layers together
- for the cut-and-sew foam, you will definitely want to baste!
- pay attention to seam allowances as they vary throughout the pattern!!
- check that your pieces match up (as described in today’s video) BEFORE sewing, to save yourself the unfortunate agony of seam ripping 😉
- for the front neckline, you will cut your elastic to fit 1:1 with your cup edges
- you can heat set the edges of your elastic to keep them from fraying; you can also add a small decorative bow, flower, or other embellishment to cover where the overlap if you prefer
- the lace version is the only version you *need* to attach both the front cup and the side cup elastic at this step; other versions can follow the written tutorial and only attach elastic to the front cup edge for this step
Ready to sew?
Need some additional help with attaching your foam? There’s a video in our sew-a-long group!
If you still have questions about these steps in your tutorial, you are always welcome to post in our SAL group so we can help you! Be sure to check in each day during the SAL, and look for daily posts to enter our giveaways. We can’t wait to see what you create this week!
DAY 2: ASSEMBLING CUPS & FINISHING NECKLINE
DAY 3: PREPPING FRAME & ATTACHING CUPS
DAY 4: BACK BAND, CENTER SEAM, & BAND ELASTIC
DAY 5: ARMHOLE ELASTIC, BACK CLOSURE, & ADJUSTABLE STRAPS
DAY 6: GRETA
DAY 7: WINNERS ANNOUNCED
ABOUT OUR SPONSORS:
Tailor Made Shop offers a curated selection of high quality lingerie sewing fabrics and trims for the modern sewist.
Handcrafted goods. Digital designs. Made in West Virginia.