It’s the 9th day of Christmas and we have a simple and fun freebie today, a table runner in 3 sizes! This quick project will help make your table festive and to change up the look of your table for the holidays or changing seasons. We have a napkin pattern here if you’d like to add those too!
- Woven fabric- quilting cotton, Kona, linen, etc. Pretty much any light-weight woven will work.
- Small 35″ size: 1/2 yard of main and 1/2 yard of the lining (this size can be cut selvage to selvage so uses less fabric)
- The medium and large sizes will not fit on the width (selvage to selvage). You’ll need to cut along the selvage edge. If you want to save on fabric, you could cut 2 pieces (not on fold) and sew the pieces together.
- Medium 58″ size: 1 5/8 yards- if you’re using the same fabric for the main and lining, this will be enough. If you want a different fabric for the lining, you’ll need 1 5/8 yards.
- Large 82″ size: 2 1/3 yards- if you’re using the same fabric for the main and lining, this will be enough. If you want a different fabric for the lining, you’ll need 2 1/3 yards.
LET’S GET STARTED!
1/4″ seam allowance
Step 1: PREPPING
Go grab the pattern here! The pattern is 100% free, but you do need to add it to your cart and checkout. Then, it will always be available to download from your account. The pattern is a no trim pattern; if you need help putting the pattern together, pop over to the faqs and troubleshooting page , check out the blog post here, or ask in our Facebook group .
Print and assemble the pattern. Alternatively, you can use the projector file if you’re using a projector. Pattern layout below:
If you don’t want to print the pattern you can cut 2 pieces (1 main, 1 lining):
- small 14.5″ x 35.5″
- medium 17.5″ x 58.5″
- large 19.5″ x 82.5″
Note- I suggest measuring your table prior to cutting and adjusting the length or width if necessary to fit your table.
If you prefer a video tutorial, check out the YouTube video here:
Cut 2 pieces on the fold in your main fabric and 1 piece on the fold in your lining fabric.
Step 3: Stitching
With right sides together, stitch main to lining with a 1/4″ seam along all sides, leaving a 3″ to 4″ opening to turn right sides out. Press the seam allowances along the opening 1/4″ to the wrong side.
Clip corners and turn right side out. Use a point turner or chopstick to push corners out. Press.
Topstitch along all sides, closing opening.
That’s it! Add your beautiful table runner to your table and decorate!